Aussie Meat Pies Recipe
Looking for a quick meal that can be carry anywhere? Sure! I can suggest you with this Aussie Meat Pies, in this you can’t missed any of you meals while going to work, school or also you can take it for a snack! This is also great to eat with ketchup, and traditionally made Minced beef in a rich beef. So, never fail to try it today and packed it for tomorrows’ lunch, snack or a quick breakfast.
And looking for the procedure in this recipe? Check it out bellow, with ingredients. Enjoy the eating after this!
Aussie Meat Pies
- A Pastry
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 4 ounces of lard (chopped)
- 2 pieces of eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp. of water (approximately)
- 2 sheets of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 piece of egg yolk (lightly beaten)
- Sift the flour into bowl and then rub in lard.
- Add the eggs and enough water to make ingredients cling or stick together.
- Press the dough into a ball and then, knead gently on floured surface until it turns to smooth.
- Cover and take it inside fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and roll each portion on lightly floured surface that is large enough to line 4-inch pie tins, but you can use any inch of pie tins you have.
- Trim away the excess pastry and place the tins on oven tray, line pastry with the paper and then, fill with dried beans or rice.
- In hot oven heated with 375 degrees F, bake it moderately for about 8 minutes.
- And then, remove the paper and beans, and bake again for another 8 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.
After it is bake, let it cool on a wire rack before serving.
For the Filling
- 1 oz. of lard
- 2 pieces of onions (chopped)
- 1 lb. of ground beef (minced)
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp. of powdered beef bouillon
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch (corn flour)
- 2 tbsp. of water (for extra)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- And then, heat the lard in pan, add the onion, cook while stirring until it turns to soft.
- Add ground beef and then, stir over the heat until becomes browned.
- Stir in the sauces with bouillon, water and all the other spice. Bring them to boil and simmer with covered for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixed with the extra water and stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spoon the cold filling into pastry cases. And cut eight 5-inch rounds from the puff pastry, brush edges of pastry with a little egg yolk and then, gently press the puff pastry tops into the place and then, trim edges.
- Brush the tops with a little more egg yolk and make 2 small slits in center of pies, place on oven trays and bake for about 15 minutes or until turns to lightly browned.
And that’s how to prepare the Aussie Meat Pies, so you can now serve it hot with tomato sauce at the top or like i have said, take it for an easy and quick meal. The recipe is can be made also a day ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator. So, until next recipe again guys! Have a good day ahead and had fun eating with this Aussie Meat Pies.
You can also add some smoothies if you like, and to make it more enjoyable to eat, like this Berry Smoothie Recipe.
Don’t forget to share this Aussie Meat Pie Recipe with your family and friends.