Truffles for Peace
My best friend and I argued because of my behavior the other day. And of course I get sad because there wouldn’t be any one except him that I could share my feelings and talk to. He’s been like brother to me and yet because of those things I have done in him I got doubt if he could still forgive me. What I could offer him for peace? Yah! A Truffles! That is one of his favorites.
Here’s the List below on how to make it.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped,
- or 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
We got it all, so we can now start into our Truffles making.
How to do it:
- First, let’s place the chocolate in a medium mixing bowl, after that let’s set it aside.
- Now, let’s warm the 2/3 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- As soon as you can see bubbles around the edges of your pan, turn off the heat and pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture are completely smooth.
- Add the butter and stir until it is completely mixed.
- Stir in our 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- And then refrigerate the mixture for an hour or until it is firm enough to shape into balls.
- Scoop out a heaping tsp. Of the chocolate mixture and roll it into a ball between your 2 palms.
- Roll the ball in cocoa until all was completely covered.
- Again roll it into your palms to make sure the cocoa sticks, then re-roll the truffle in cocoa.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- And if the mixture gets too soft to hold its shape, place it back in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes, until it can be touched easily.
- You can store the truffles in layers separated by a wax paper, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. But then, I want to give it now to my best friend for a peace offering, this would be okay.
Here are some other truffles recipe that you might like to try too.
for Almond Truffles
ü Add 3 tbsp. almond liqueur (such as amaretto) with a butter.
ü If you desired, you may also roll the truffles in 1/2 cup finely chopped or shredded almonds instead of cocoa powder, or push a whole toasted almond inside the rounded truffle before rolling it in the cocoa.
for Irish Truffles
ü Add 3 tbsp. whiskey with a butter.
for Orange Truffles
ü Add 3 tbsp. orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier) and 1 tsp. finely grated orange rind with a butter.
Truffles will be more great and more enjoyable to eat with a partner of Delicious Cherry Pie Ice Cream Recipe.
And now that we completely made it! I want to thank you for helping me to prepare something special for him. Again thanks for your help and I wish I could make him happy for this. Wish me luck for this Truffles for Peace!